Monday 16 August 2021

Upcoming series: How can I help my writers?

In the upcoming weeks, I'm going to publish a series of posts

"How can I help my writers?"


In this series, I'm going to share some of my experience in copyediting. I've noticed that I can really help my clients to improve the quality of their research articles. This can be in specific ways in which I improve their style to achieve clarity and conciseness, or suggest more effective ways of organizing the overall content or certain elements. I also make it a habit of checking terminology and suggesting more adequate and fitting terms where necessary. Fact-checking is also important, especially if writers simply do not have the time to do more background research.

I'm going to refer to actual editing projects and give examples of when, why, and how I help my writers improve their work. Most of these research papers that I edit will be published, so it is important that they meet the standard in terms of grammar, style, structure, and format. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Crux of Reducing Similarity

Over the years, I've been contacted a dozen of times by clients who wanted me to reduce the similarity score of their academic research ...